Artist Profile: Megan Torisawa

Abigail Pew

Megan Torisawa, our very own student here at BSS, is a fantastic artist. At such a young age she has achieved so many great things, this artist profile may not even do her justice. When Meg was just three years old, she stumbled into the world of art. Although she has never taken an art lesson, it is evident that she was born with amazing talent. She learns and is exposed to different parts of the art culture through experience. Meg is constantly pushing herself with new pieces that challenge the way people think and perceive the world, most specifically with wildlife. Meg was first inspired to do wildlife pieces by the person she looks up to most in the art community, Robert Bateman. He is a Canadian Wildlife artist and has introduced Meg to many things within the community. She has illustrated many books for charities such as Children’s Diabetes and wildlife associations, alongside many talented artists. This has opened up many opportunities for Meg such as being on City TV, Breakfast Television, and the local newspaper. She learned that she can express her feelings towards things happening around the world through her art and is now a budding activist and shared her opinions on her Instagram, @megsgotapencil, where she has a following of over thirteen thousand people. Soon enough, activists started supporting and contacting her, and she found her true calling at the age of fifteen. Although Meg loves to try every style, most of her work features human anatomy, people, and animals. Recently, she has been trying to push herself into more pieces that reflect who she is as a person rather than the causes she supports and is working on drawing a self-portrait. Meg, the BSS community is inspired by what you have accomplished and are proud that we can call someone as talented as you a peer and friend.

Here are some pictures of her work:

1 Comment

One Response to “Artist Profile: Megan Torisawa”

1. Catherine Capek on May 10th, 2017 10:04 AM

BSS is very lucky to have such an incredibly talented and accomplished young artist in their midst. May she continue to grow, evolve, and create in a nurturing and supportive environment!
    Thank you Megan for coming back to Aurora Montessori School for an incredible presentation for our Earth Day celebration. You continue to inspire the students to do their part for the health of the earth!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Artist Profile: Megan Torisawa

Arts

Student Poem: Growing Trees

• Artist Profile: Megan Torisawa

Arts

Playlist: Childhood Throwback Songs

• Artist Profile: Megan Torisawa

Arts

Movie Review: Sing

• Artist Profile: Megan Torisawa

Arts

Empowerment Playlist

• Artist Profile: Megan Torisawa

Arts

Book Review: The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan

• Artist Profile: Megan Torisawa

Arts

Gilmore Girls, A Year in the Life Review

• Artist Profile: Megan Torisawa

Arts

Holiday Playlist

• Artist Profile: Megan Torisawa

Arts

The Perfect Study Playlist to Get You Through Assessments

• Arts

Confessions of a Buzzfeeder

• Artist Profile: Megan Torisawa

Arts

Student Poem: Growing Trees

Artist Profile: Megan Torisawa